The PADI Open Water Diver course is where it all begins, this is your foundation course that will qualify you to dive anywhere in the world to a maximum depth of 18 meters. Millions of people all around the world have learned to SCUBA dive with the PADI Open Water Diver course and have continued to discover the wonders of the underwater world.
To enroll in a PADI Open Water Diver course (or Junior Open Water Diver course):
- You must be over 10 years of age.
- You need adequate swimming skills.
- You need to be in good physical health.
- No prior experience with scuba diving is required.
The PADI Open Water Diver course takes 3 days and is run throughout the year.
With our onsite pool, easy access to our local training beach in Simon’ s Town and full in house facilities including a coffee shop, spacious class room and warm shower, completing your open water course couldn’t be easier.
- Open water Manual
- Open water DVD
- Log book
- All required equipment for duration of course
- 5x Theory sessions
- 5x Pool sessions
- 2x Shore based sea dives
- PADI online registration
This is a 4 day course. The days start at 9:00 am and finish between 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm.
- Day one and two: We will get you set up with your equipment and spend the day in our onsite swimming pool where you and your instructor will go through all the required skills needed to become a successful Open water diver.
- Day three and four: You and your instructor will head out to our local training beach and complete two open water training dives. It is on these dives that you start showing us what you have mastered in the pool, and get to experience some of the local wild life for the first time!